The Reconstructing Youth Foundation Athletic Scholarship
The Reconstructing Youth Foundation Athletic Scholarship honors student-athletes who demonstrate extraordinary academic ability and leadership skills in sports, in their schools, within their communities, and are ready athletically to continue playing their sport beyond school athletics. RYF would like to hear how you have taken the skills you’ve cultivated from your sport and used them to create an influential, encouraging impact on the lives of others around you.
The Reconstructing Youth Foundation will be awarding an athletic scholarship yearly, in the month of January or November to a student who is continuing to play their sport beyond high school be it AAU, CLUB, etc. In order to be considered for this scholarship, the applicant must meet all the eligibility requirements listed below, complete the application in its entirety, and include a written response on how you have taken the skills you’ve cultivated from your sport and used them to create an influential, encouraging impact on the lives of others around you. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship. Your application must be received via email, or fax by November 15 of each year. Applications received after this date will not be accepted nor considered. The criteria for The Reconstructing Youth Foundation Athletic Scholarship is listed below:
Criteria: In order to be eligible for The Reconstructing Youth Foundation Athletic Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Attend school in the state of Georgia (provide copy of current school enrollment/transcript with the school’s physical address or a letter from the school administrator providing proof of enrollment with your current address)
- Not have a current disciplinary problem/record in school
- Currently be a member (in good standing) of a high school sports team
- Be on a sports team outside of school (AAU, CLUB, etc. documentation is required and must include participation costs)
- Currently have a unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a U.S. citizen or US Permanent Legal Resident
- Embody good sportsmanship and strong moral character.
- Be passionate and committed to empowering the community in which they live
- Be a confident and enthusiastic leader.
- Display academic excellence.
Award: The Reconstructing Youth Foundation Athletic Scholarship recipient will receive $500.00 disbursed to the applicant’s sports organization/club to assist in the athlete’s participation costs.
How to Apply:
**You may request an application by emailing Scholarship@ReconstructingYouthFoundation.org
**Place “Athletic Scholarship” in subject line
**An application will be emailed to you
How it works:
**Applications are submitted and due by November 15.
**Applications are reviewed
**A decision is made (Decision time depends on number of applicants and time needed. A decision can be made as early as November 30, but no later than January 31.)
**Awarded Applicant is notified
The athlete selected for this scholarship will be notified via phone, mail, or email.